No products in the cart.
Coconut oil when used with other oils like jojoba, argan, and ojon oil does wonders to your hair. This oil is so versatile you can use this as base for your conditioner or serum. You can also use it as is, just apply it before taking a bath leaving your hair shiny and soft.
POSTED ON JULY 20 2019 OTHER BENEFITS
Coconut oil might just be the most versatile health food on the planet. Not only is it my favorite cooking oil, but coconut oil uses are numerous and can extend to being a form of natural medicine, be used for natural beauty treatments and so much more.
The coconut tree is considered the “tree of life” in much of Southeast Asia, India, the Philippines, and other tropical locations. And today, there are over 1,500 studies proving the health benefits of coconut oil.
Some of the top coconut oil benefits include:
Decreases Wrinkles and Age Spots
Balances Blood Sugar and Improve Energy
Increases HDL and Lower LDL Cholesterol
1. Cooking at High Heat (Sauteing and Frying) – Coconut oil is great for cooking at a high heat because of its high smoke point. Many other oils like olive oil can oxidize when heated but because coconut oil is made up of healthy saturated fats it remains stable under high temperatures.
2. Say Bye to frizzy hair –Next time you need to tame those annoying flyaways or frizzy hairs, instead of reaching for a serum full of harsh chemicals, coconut oil is an amazing alternative. Taking a tiny bit of oil on your hands, smooth down your hair to evenly apply the coconut oil to your mane after styling. The oil will prevent frizz and lock in that shine. And no, it won’t make your hair feel all oily either – just make sure to avoid your scalp area and not apply too much. Say goodbye to bad hair days and bring on the weather!
3. Natural Energy Booster – The medium chain triglycerides in coconut oil, when partnered with chia seeds, will give you an energy boost when you need a mid-afternoon pickup, or after a strenuous workout. Chia seeds are known to boost performance, and endurance while the coconut oil aids in digestion and metabolizing of the chia seeds. Mix 1 tablespoon coconut oil with ½ tablespoon of chia seeds, and enjoy from the spoon, or spread on sprouted grain bread.
4. Creamer for Your Coffee – Adding a spoonful of coconut oil to your coffee can give you an extra boost of energy and replace dairy creamer. If you put your hot coffee in a blender, with the coconut oil and your favorite natural sweetener, and blend, you will be amazed at the rich creamy flavor, without adding any dairy. In the Far East, many athletes blend their morning coffee with coconut oil and grass-fed ghee to increase performance and energy.
5. Chocolate Coconut Fondue – Enjoy dipping fresh fruit into dark chocolate? Well, by using coconut oil, dark chocolate has never been healthier, or easier. Slowly melt 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and 2 cups of chopped dark chocolate (preferably 70% cacao) together over low heat in a double boiler, stirring occasionally. If mixture is too tight, add a touch more coconut oil and stir until warm and melted. Transfer to a fondue pot, and dip with even more health-promoting foods like fresh strawberries, bananas, and sliced apples.
6. Boost Nutrients in Smoothies – Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of coconut oil to any fruit smoothie for a boost of cholesterol fighting compounds. Side benefit? It improves the texture and mouth feel of smoothies, while adding healthy fats to your diet.
7. Healthy Popcorn topping – Remember when you were a kid and visited your favorite theatre for a matinee? Remember the glorious smell that permeated the air? Chances are that it was popped in coconut oil. Pop organic corn kernels in coconut oil and then drizzle with just a touch more melted coconut oil and some sea salt.
8. Replacement for Non-stick Cooking Spray – In a non-stick skillet, sometimes eggs still stick. With coconut oil, that is no longer a problem. Add just a teaspoon or two of coconut oil to the pan, and melt. Add the eggs and cook as desired. Cleanup will be a breeze.
9. Create Healthy Homemade Mayonnaise – Use as oil in homemade mayonnaise recipe mixed with egg yolks. In a blender, combine 4 egg yolks, 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar, and ½ teaspoon dried mustard. Blend until combined. With blender still running, slowly add 1 cup coconut oil (melted), and ½ cup olive oil to create an emulsion. If you add the oils too fast, the mayo will break. If this happens, all is not lost; add ½ tablespoon of tahini, and blend until smooth.
10. Topping For Baked Potatoes – Put coconut oil on baked sweet potatoes in place of conventional butter and then sprinkle on cinnamon. Also, use it for baked sweet potato french fries with some rosemary and sea salt.
11. Replace Unhealthy Fats When Baking – Yes, you can bake with coconut oil. Use the same amount as butter or vegetable oil that is called for in the recipe. For biscuits, pie crusts, and other preparations where the fat is to be cold, freeze the coconut oil prior to using. Use coconut oil to grease baking sheets and cake pans, and your baked goods will simply slide right out.https://prestigegeoushair.com/product/silicon-mix-conditioner-intensive-hair-deep-treatment-16oz/